I work to build products, experiences, and companies that delight their users. I grasp situations and details quickly and am a strategic thinker – creative in the most literal sense of the word: bringing together numerous seemingly unrelated pieces of information to come up with something new and better. I'm a strategist to my core, passionate about tech, and have a strong desire to help others.
Product Manager Mar 2014 - Mar 2018
• Responsible for the DataSense product line, integrating NLP algorithms into user-friendly software that automates the patient record insurance coding process for medical personnel.
• Managed the development and feature roadmap for software.
• Designed all branding, marketing, and user interfaces.
• Lead user-focused testing and sales demos.
Chief Design Officer June 2014 - July 2015
• Cofounded company focused on crowdsourcing loans
• Directed product development for web, iOS, and Android apps.
• Ideated and created all branding.
• Designed website and marketing copy.
Product Manager Jun 2013 - Mar 2014
• Worked in Ukraine with development and customer service teams for two months on improved system design and support options.
• Designed several bespoke internal web and mobile applications for Fortune 100 clients.
• Developed a comprehensive design, development, and marketing plan for redesigned core applications and led development of the new design.
UI & UX Designer Oct 2012 - Jun 2013
• Performed a deep evaluation of company processes and product design to determine most important areas of improvement.
• Performed custom evaluation of European market through London office to determine potential value of product segmentation.
• Began early-stage prototyping of a sweeping UI & UX redesign of all core software products.
Miscellaneous May 2009 - Apr 2013
I've had experience as a global moderator for two large online social sites; working with non-profits on event planning, brand management, marketing campaigns, and website design; building websites for individuals and small businesses; starting up, running, and holding office in collegiate non-profit organizations; working with startups in early phases of ideation or software/product development and design; and served as a consultant for several other businesses concerning best practices for social media engagement, business plans, and operating procedures.
IT Admin Assistant Jun 2010 - Aug 2012
• Advised on and assisted with company migration from Microsoft Office and Outlook 2003 to Google Apps and Gmail.
• Conducted employee training on new software.
• Designed and implemented specialized websites for storage, sorting, and notification of contracts and digitized paper records.
• Provide consultation on software product choice and deployment in addition to customizing current products for specific business needs.
Milford Parks and Recreation Department
Soccer Coach/Instructor/Referee Jan 2004 - Nov 2007
• Coached 1st-8th grade soccer players
• Drill instructor for K—8th graders
• Refereed games for K—3rd graders
Milford Parks and Recreation Department
Gymnastics Trainer/Spotter Jan 2004 - May 2007
• Taught basic gymnastic skills to K—5th grade children
• Spotted gymnasts during skill performances for safety purposes
WHAT I BELIEVE IN
Do things worth doing
International Business 2013 - 2013
Studies included international marketing, organizational behavior, integrated marketing communications, and marketing strategy.
Business Marketing, BA 2010 - 2013
Served as Director of Marketing for non-profit org Financing Hope in the 2010-11 school year and as President for the 2011-2013. My partner and I ranked as one of the top 10 teams in the nation for NPDA Debate during 2011-2012. Was a member of Honors program as well as highly involved in campus volunteer opportunities to work with students such as High School Leadership Conference, CedarMania, Junior Jam, and Getting Started programs.
Activities: Honors Program, Alpha Chi (Men of Service), SIFE (Students in Free Enterprise), AITP (Association of Information Technology Professionals), Financing Hope
© 2020 Benjamin Winston